Botanical Name : Cissus Quadrangularis
English Name : Veldt Grape
Tamil Name : பிரண்டை / Pirandai
Hindi Name : हड़जोड़ / हड़जोरा / जंगली-अंगूर / Hadjod, Hadjora, Jangli-angoor
Malayalam Name : കാണാളംപരന്ത് / Cannalamparanta
Telugu Name : గుడమేటిగే / కొక్కిరాయా-రాలు / gudametige, Kokkitaya-ralu
About Pirandai (Veldt Grape):-
Pirandai is a creeper that has wonderful medicinal uses and health benefits. It is called “Adamant Creeper | Devils Back Bone | Veldt Grape ” in English and its botanical name is Cissus quadrangularris. Cissus quadrangularis reaches a height of 1.5 m and has quadrangular-sectioned branches with internodes 8 to 10 cm long and 1.2 to 1.5 cm wide. Along each angle is a leathery edge. Toothed trilobe leaves 2 to 5 cm wide appear at the nodes. Each has a tendril emerging from the opposite side of the node. Racemes of small white, yellowish, or greenish flowers; globular berries are red when ripe. Pirandi has multiple health benefits.
Internal Benefits of Pirandai (Veldt Grape):-
- Pirandai for Gastritis, Indigestion & Lack of Appetite: Pirandai treats all digestion related problems like gastritis, indigestion and lack of appetite.
- Sprains : Pirandai poultice is very good for treating sprains and swollen joints (suluku in Tamil). It is also one home remedy that many people in our village use often for minor injuries, as it heals the minor sprains and fractures very fast.
- Pirandai helps stomach disorders for children: Regularly including pirandai to childrens diet will prevent them from getting stomach disorders.
- Pirandai for Bleeding Piles & Deworming: This treatment for bleeding piles has to done continuously for at least 7 to 10 days to see results.
- Its used to treats for blood Pressure, heart diseases, Fat increase, Gynecological problems.
- It is a best worming medicine, menstrual problems and is also the best home remedy for ear pain.
External Benefits of Pirandai (Veldt Grape):-
How to consume Pirandai (Veldt Grape) Internally:-
Morning – Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
How to Apply Pirandai (Veldt Grape) Externally:-
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature; remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.