Botanical Name : Leucas Aspera
English Name : Leucas
Tamil Name : தும்பை / Thumbai
Hindi Name : छोटा हलकुसा /गोफा /गोफा /छोटा हलकुसा / Chota Halkusa /gopha/gophaa/chhota Halkusa
Malayalam Name: തുമ്പ / Tumba
Telugu Name : తుమ్మచెట్టు / Tummachettu
Thumbai Powder :
About Thumbai (Leucas):-
It is a medicinal herb that grows as a weed in India and many South East Asian countries. Thumbai poo or Thumbai malar is the Tamil name for thumbai flower. Thumbai leaves are called Thumbai ilai. Thumnai oil prepared in ayurvedic medicine is used to cure many diseases. The folk use of this herb is for treating scorpion stings, snake bite, cough, fever etc. The whole plant has fever educing and insecticidal properties.
Internal Benefits of Thumbai Powder (Leucas):-
- It cures Jaundice and liver related diseases.
- Thumbai good remedy for nasal congestion, cough, cold, fever, headache etc
- It used to treat for sinusitis and headache.
External Benefits of Thumbai Powder (Leucas):-
Thumbai good remedy for scorpion bite & snake bite and also used to cure for wind,bile, phlegm.
How to Consume Thumbai Powder (Leucas) Internally:-
- Morning – Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
- Nasal congestion, cough, cold, fever, headache :The Samoolam of this plant is crushed and boiled with water, the steam is used for inhalation in conditions like nasal congestion, cough, cold, fever, headache etc.
- Snake bite: The juice of leaves is used as nasal drops. Also the leaves are given internally for best results.
- Intestinal worms in children, the juice of flowers and leaves are given internally or a decoction is prepared of it.
How to Apply Thumbai Powder (Leucas) Externally:-
- Wind,bile, phlegm: The flowers are soaked in breast milk and then applied over eyes.
- Snake bite,scorpion bite: the constant rubbing of leaves over effected area can provide relief
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.